Vector problem

Vince Mrykalo REEVESJ@ucs.byu.edu
Tue, 02 May 1995 09:53:53 -0600 (MST7MDT)

> Date:          Tue, 02 May 1995 06:42:38 -0600 (MDT)
> From:          Serge Harel <harel@LLC.org>
> Subject:       Vector problem

> My question
>
>     One of my costumer has a Kawai piano ten years old
> and she tell me that is action is to heavy. After a standard
> regulation of the action the feeling is still on the heavy side.
> l' found that the captans was under the magic line
> for 1/8 of a inch.
>
> What do you do  to corect that?

Serge,
The thing I have done on Kawais is to make the knuckle smaller.  This
does two things.  It allows you to raise the capstans which brings
the capstan/wippen contact point into compliance, and concerning the line
running from the hammer flange center to the wippen flange center,
brings the knuckle closer to that line at let-off.  The effect of
this is that the action is lighter.  BTW, you will also have to raise
the drop screws.

---
Vince Mrykalo