Waterbased Finishes

Wippen@aol.com Wippen@aol.com
Wed, 03 May 1995 00:15:19 -0400

Hi all,
Now that the controversy over rail felt has about played itself out and
before historical temperments and action vectors get on a tear, I'd like to
ask those of you who do refinishing to comment on your experiences with water
based lacquers. I have sprayed nitrocellulose lacquer for years,but, seeing
the governments handwriting on the wall decided to try these synthetic
lacquers. I hate it. Just hate it. I'm ready to go back to nitro. If any of
you have used or are using water based,did you achieve the results you wanted
or expected?
Is there a secret to achieving satisfactory results that I don't know about?
I'm getting no help from the manufacturer of the material and no one else in
my area uses it.

I am using HVLP spray equipment and of course have all the traditional
compressors and spray guns. I've just not been happy with the results. Maybe
I'm too picky!!  Let me know how you have fared....good or bad.
This topic might not be appropriate for this list,so if you wish, reply to me
by direct E-Mail.

Regards to all,

Paul Dempsey
Marshall University