Mutiple pianos

phillip c sloffer psloffer@indiana.edu
Thu, 04 May 1995 10:10:48 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 4 May 1995 PianoTech@aol.com wrote:

> Next year the school is planning a special gala fund raiser for their 88th
> anniversary. They want to have 44 pianos, with 88 players, all going at once,
> in a convention center. The instruments will probably come from the local
> Steinway dealer (though I doubt they'll be Steinways), and it will be my job
> to get them (or oversee getting them) ready and in tune (the Marketing
> Director was going to give me access for the WHOLE day of the event, until I
> explained that it may take a little longer).
>
> I have heard in the recent past of similar events taking place, though I
> can't recall where. Does anybody have experience with multiple piano
> situations, or know of anyone who has? My mind reels at the thought of this,
> and any help will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Thanks.
> Art

Hi Art and welcome to you

Several years ago Ray Reuter tuned all the pianos in the opening
ceremony of the Olympic games.  I don't remember just how many pianos
there were but it was a bunch.  At that time he was working for Kimball but
I think he is at Yamaha now.  Does anyone know how Art could reach Ray?

Later,
-Phil

+  Phil Sloffer         +
+  psloffer@indiana.edu +