Steinway "O"

phillip c sloffer psloffer@indiana.edu
Tue, 16 May 1995 14:01:07 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 16 May 1995, Dennis Johnson wrote:

>         I was not familiar with shrafing and it sounds like an interesting
> idea, but since we are back to bass strings, I will comment on the core
> wire flats.  A few months ago someone said that Isaac's bass strings did
> not have a flat, or "straightened" core wire. This is not really correct.
>
> Dennis Johnson
> St. Olaf College

Hi Dennis

I may be the "someone said".  Anyway what I think I said was that Isaac's
core wire is not straightened ie it is not put through a set of rollers to
remove the natural spool coil from the wire and make it straight like an arrow.
If you hang bass strings made in this way they will not hang straight but
instead hang in a spiral.

Later,
-Phil

+  Phil Sloffer         +