Tuning Schedule Software needed

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Fri, 19 May 1995 03:29:09 -0400

>If anyone can recommend Dos or Windows software for maintaining >tuning
>clients and scheduling, I'd very much appreciate contacting me >personally
at:

>stanwood@tiac.net
>
>Thanks,
>

>David C. Stanwood

I have also been using MSAccess 2.0, preceded by 1.1, R:Base (in several
flavors) preceded by Micropro DataStar (if you remember DataStar, you
remember CP/M). MSAccess is one of the easiest to setup for non-programmers.
 I am NOT using it for calendar functions directly, however. A large month at
a glance from Daytimers still works better for us. My database is still
essentially the same name address and directions form I started with, with
modifications and additions. You probably ought to ask yourself a couple of
questions which might help us point you in the right direction.

a) Do you already have a computer, and if so, how do you use it?

b) Do you use (or want to use) a separate financial program, i.e., Quicken or
Quickbooks?

c) Do you want to mailmerge to another program?

d) Do you want your program to schedule, bill invoices, send reminder cards,
wipe your nose AND change the baby?

There are two full-fledged programs out there that I am aware of. Both  look
fairly decent and cost a fair amount of money. They are both DOS programs.

Hope this helps,

Dave Stocker
Tumwater, WA
firtree@aol.com

"This is NOT rocket science, y'know." (Stolen from Mike Reiter)