Gluing & In-home regulating

yenniet yenniet@centmail.sw2.k12.wy.us
Mon, 22 May 1995 09:51:12 -0700

I just have a few questions.  I have been re-reading some earlier journals
(1988), and I noticed in the technical section that Susan Graham suggested not
using aliphatic resin (yellow glue) to glue in flange clothe. Rather hot hide
glue was the best choice.  My first question is this: What does a person use
for the singular flanges encountered in the field where you don't want to get
out the glue pot.  I have been using Elmers wood glue (is this a mistake?)
What is acceptable for the tech. exam?  Question number 4,  I also read in one
of SG's articles that she uses a folding camp table in the home to regulate
grand actions on.  Doesn't one need to be concerned about the levelness of
this table when regulating.   What are your thoughts,  since I don't have a
large shop space or the means to move a grand to a shop, I thought this would
be a reasonable idea.

Mr. Thane Yennie
Assoc. Salt Lake City Chapter

                       (c)S.G.