Gluing & In-home regulating (Folding Table)

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 29 May 1995 00:10:18 -0400

I bought one of those aluminum and pasteboard folding tables after reading
the same Susan Graham article. "Lightweight", she said it was, and to a
fault. If you sneezed or crossed your legs carelessful while sitting at it,
the whole thing would go flying. As for a regulating surface, the pasteboard
panels riveted to the aluminum frame sagged very quickly (and I suspect would
have even carrying the intended bowl of potato chips or hot dog rolls.) Don't
bother with this one. The next step up is the 30x60" folding steel frame with
particle board panels, which probably ways close to the scuba-diving gear she
now sports.

I too, work off a keybed, one from the Aeolian factory sold by John Ford at
the NEECReg Sem '92. I tapered a set of legs from 2x4s, which are quite
stable and svelt besides. In-seam height make the bench ideal for standing or
sitting at with a stoool. I put 15" bicycle wheels on it hoping they'd help
it climb stairs, but no cigar. Two of the standard double wheel ball baring
casters stick out of one end at 35 degrees, and roll as much as I need the
bench to. Frequently I carry it. Yes, it's heavy, but the nicely joined solid
spruce panel is so nice to work off.

Tom Seay rote, 5/22:
<<Tables are wonderful for filing hammers, polishing guide pins, easing keys,
etc. But blow distance, dip and let-off MUST be done inside the piano,
because that's where the strings and keybed are located.>>
or at least roughing in the regulation, especially if you get the adjustment
of section ends for the piano itself.

Bill Ballard, RPT           "She will slap you, she will kiss you,
NH Chapt, PTG                      you will fall in love with her"
                                               from a promotional t-shirt
                                                  for Kendrick rock'n'roll
amps. (YUK)