raquetballs(#2)

Yardbird47@aol.com Yardbird47@aol.com
Mon, 29 May 1995 00:13:48 -0400

Audrey Karabinus rote, 5/12:
<<Raquetball #2:  Thought I had saved a posting from the original
designer-lady of the  test-blow- striking- hand-saver- bouncing-
ball-held-in-the-palmtool,  (not all the other gadgets you guys use, (grin)
dowells, hammers, brass rod fingers + straps, etc) but after considerable
searching, I'd have to say  not.  Does anyone have the description and can
re-post or forward so I can rig up my royal blue ball?  Thanks!>>

Get yourself a bass hammer, and on the band saw, cut an arc into it so that
tossing away the tail and bottom portion of the hammer felt, the main body of
the hammer (apprx. 1" tall) will mate perfectly with the curvature of the
ball. Epoxy the two together. This is the ingenuity of Zen Reinhardt, RPT
(Ann Arbor, MI): give her a call and say Hi for me! I further glued a foot of
elastic string onto the ball and knotted it so that the portion on the far
side of the knot would fit comfortably around my wrist. Now the ball dangles
playfully below your wrist while your fingers stretch for the intervals. Come
unison time, a flick of the wrist will bring it flying back into your palm.
(Sadly, I didn't glue the elastic string ends to the side of the ball away
from the hammer, thinking that these glue points would annoy my hand. Now the
ball hangs with the hammer pointing up rather than in the needed direction,
down.)

BTW, I enjoyed reading of your experience in selling a business relocating
and starting from scratch. I'd always wondered how selling a customer list
worked.

Bill Ballard, RPT           "She will slap you, she will kiss you,
NH Chapt, PTG                      you will fall in love with her"
                                               from a promotional t-shirt
                                                  for Kendrick rock'n'roll
amps. (YUK)