Dampp-Chaser installing problem

kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca kiddell@freenet.edmonton.ab.ca
Mon, 02 Oct 1995 08:27:26 -0600 (MDT)

Gordon:

      I've installed dozens of G5PS Dampp-Chaser units, and I've found
that carrying three foot lengths of steel rod of the same diameter (1/4" I
think) as the Dampp-Chaser rod is a must in a situation where you cannot scope
 out the grand beforehand. The rod can be cut to length on the spot
(bring a hacksaw) and the flanges supplied with the Dampp-Chaser allow
you to attach the rod to the inside rim. However, no matter how stiff
your steel rod, if you can brace one side over a post, you're better off
than just attaching it to the rim on either side. Experiment with
mounting locations, and when you've got the tray installed, give it a
good long pull down to ensure that the weight of the water won't bend the
rod too much.

Besides, 2X4 is harder to carry around in the car...

Good luck!!

Rob Kiddell
Canada