Player piano questions

Frederick G Scoles scoles@Oswego.Oswego.EDU
Mon, 02 Oct 1995 18:00:41 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 30 Sep 1995 Gilreath@aol.com wrote:

> >Another author, Arthur Ord-hume,
> >wrote about 5 major books on player rebuilding. The main worth of
>
> Where would we ba able to find copies of the Orh-hume books?  Do you happen
> to have the publisher, titles and maybe ISBNs?  This sounds like a resource
> that would be good to add to the library.

Allan, the previous post of Mr. Ord-Hume's address might be a good
starting point, because I know that his books have been in and out of
print at various times, and printed both in England and USA. To get a
somewhat complete list of his 15 or so volumes, one can look at the
on-line Library of Congress on gopher, or www at http://www.loc.gov/  and
can use the "LC Online System, Z39.50 fill-in-form"; entering "arthur
ord-hume"; the page gives all ISBN's, pubs., titles.  If your gopher or
www doesn't show the listings, I could send you the page; or a reference
librarian might look them up for you.    One caution:
some of his later player books have chapters which repeat chapters from
the earlier books; why, I don't know.  According to the Ref. work of
Books in Print in local libraries, some of his books are still
available.  Actually, I haven't bought any of the books, I borrow them on
inter-library loan. Okay, I'm cheap!  For player history, some additional
authors
are Richard J. Howe, Charles Davis Smith, and Philip Carlsen.
If you contact Mr. Ord-hume, I would like to hear what you find out.
Fred Scoles,   scoles@oswego.edu