Waving a flag

FREDIEBOY@aol.com FREDIEBOY@aol.com
Mon, 02 Oct 1995 19:13:14 -0400

Hi Oklahoma Keith....In response to Flag Waving.  I was a member of PTG from
1960-1977. I feel it is a very good organization for those technicians who
need it, and get something out of it.  I am an independent businessman. When
I left PTG I joined up with other independent technicians, and joined an
international, non-profit group called the Master Piano Technicians Of
America. MPT has damn little power at the `national level. Our dues are only
$25 a year. Our National conventions charge only $65, which enclude
 entertainment, a banquet, two parties, and fantastic classes  by master
technicians. Our banquet this year will be in connecticut. One week before
PTG 'holds its convention. We believe all technicians are brothers & sisters,
therefor we do not charge a  higher fee for PTG members, or indepents.  Wives
and dear friends who help their husbands can go to our classes at no charge.
We feel they help the technician have a better life and make a finer living.
The only charge for wives is $25 for the banquet. I personally do not wish to
live by PTG's code standards as one of your members suggested..
In the past we have had three  national presidents of PTG in our membership.
We accept no students, no teachers, and no piano movers as members,only
master piano technicians.

Fraternally, Fred Weinstein