S&S reproduction legs

John W. McKone mckonejw@skypoint.com
Tue, 03 Oct 1995 09:12 -0500 (CDT)

Hi all,

We have just obtained an 1891 S&S 6'1" 85 note model A that will be run
through our shop for a complete rebuild (soundboard included)

Here's my problem.  At some point the original legs were replaced,and the
replacement legs do not match particularly well. I'm assuming that the
original legs were rounded victorian types, but I'm not sure.

Can anyone help with the following?...

A. What exactly were the original legs on this piano?

B. Where can I get replacements? (I don't soppuse any of you have a set
lying around    your shop that you'd be willing to part with...)

C. What can I expect to pay?

Thanks in advance for your help.  It would be a shame to put restored piano
from this era on the floor with modern legs.

John W. McKone, RPT
Operations Manager
Haugen's Pianos
Twin Cities