Bluthner Grand Bridge

Newton Hunt nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu
Tue, 03 Oct 1995 08:19:01 -0400 (EDT)

Mr. Bettling,
      I have used a technique shown to me by Ed Dryburgh using CA glue on
bridge and pins.  The idea is to dribble thin CA into the bridge pin holes
gradually to fill them completely with pin and glue without removing the
pins.  Any cracks need to be handled carefully do CA does not drool onto the
bridge or soundboard.  By allowing one drop at a time from a super fine tube
to soad into the hole and working about an octave at a time until the glue
creates a mantisa which is wicked away be a tissue the hole can be filled
right up to the top.  When given time to set the pin is truly imbedded in the
bridge.
      I have used this technique on several pianos, including a small
section on a S&S D with great success.
      Ed Dryburgh can be reached and glue purchased at 800-glue-all.
            Newton
            nhunt@gandalf.rutgers.edu