Metal Soundboards

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Sun, 08 Oct 1995 11:31:52 -0600

>COMMERCE OKs 103 MORE PIANOS TO CUBA
>     Despite the U.S. embargo on trade with Cuba, the Commerce
>Department last week approved a large shipment of new piano
>strings and hammers, 70 gallons of chemical stripper for refinishing
>cases, and half a ton of tools and assorted supples, together with
>103 used pianos and organs, all bound for Havana.  This to

That's GREAT News, Benjamin! If I had the money I'd go with you, since
Canadians aren't subject to the US embargo and Cuba is a popular tourist
destination for Canadians.

>     Hey John - what document you want?

Actually, I'm still trying to dig up information on pianos with metal
soundboards or bridges. So far there are two identified. One is a John
Challen and the other an experimental Baldwin SD-10.  I'm really curious as
to whether there are any more around.

                John

John Musselwhite, RPT               Calgary, Alberta Canada
musselj@cadvision.com              sysop@67.cambo.cuug.ab.ca