To all

Ernest Juhn 71341.1370@compuserve.com
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 15:54:30 -0400 (EDT)

TO ALL.
I have been a subscriber for quite a while now. You older members have probably
noticed that I hardly ever address a subject although I read almost all mail ( I
"skim" over some of it). I consider myself a guest on this list because I have
not forgotten who founded it and for what purpose. I have also noted that since
I joined (just about a year ago), not only did the list grow tremendously,  but
the quality of the contributions went down dramatically.
I am certain that exchanges about piano work of technical and business nature
are in order. No doubt, University and College questions and solutions have
their place in this forum. I am convinced that even PTG, humor and other
subjects should not be banned in a rigid manner HOWEVER, there are some
limitations. The fact that the originator and owner of the list is generous and
willing to tolerate more than many others would,  should not be misused. Let us
not forget what the original purpose was and, I believe still is. Let us also
NOT forget what the purpose of this list is NOT.  I don't believe that it was
created to provide another place for beginners to get free education in piano
technology. Yes, most of the members are polite and willingly respond to
questions as to how to turn capstan screws and how a temperament should be set.
PTG discussions about ethics etc, are fine and I assure you having been a member
of PTG since 1965 and 4 term regional vice president,  I could participate in
these discussions well. I have chosen not to respond (except once in the past
when too much manure hit the fan).   If anyone is interested in knowing my
views,  contact me directly on compuserve under 71341,1370  -- on Prodigy
MRSX33A -- and on AOL  EJuhn@aol.com -- or here as listed under my direct
address.  I have plenty of information available on many PTG facts that are
unknown to most members, which I am very willing to e-mail or send upon request.

I am urging participants of this list to consider people who work for a living
and still want to keep up with pianotech. There are plenty of sites that cater
to pornography, idle chat, jokes and beginners education in piano technology.
Consider those who work for a living and want to keep up with this list.
Thank you.
Ernie Juhn  RPT