To all

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Thu, 12 Oct 1995 16:16:00 -0500 (CDT)

Ernie,
   My understanding when I joined this list a short time ago was that it was
PRIMARILY a place for "University and College technicians' questions and
solutions. Not just that these questions "have their place."
   As far as the quality of the contributions, I don't know. I'm too new on
the list. However, I have gotten some much appreciated help on a few problems
I have had and have learned other things from reading the other posts.
   Even if we do have to occasionally take the bad with the good, I just
appreciate having this forum available, as I'm sure many others do.
   Just for the record, I'm not a beginner having originally joined PTG in
the mid 70's.
   If the original list was started for a reason other than that mentioned
above, I would be interested in knowing the original reason/s.
   Thanks.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu