To all

Dennis Johnson johnsond@stolaf.edu
Fri, 13 Oct 1995 13:19:33 -0500

        I will take the liberity of speaking in behalf of the charter
subscribers to this list that we are pleased to hear of the not infrequent
referrences to our high quality technicial discussions in the past.
However, I also suggest that to the degree current criticism *may* really
conceal a frustrated desire to be entertained in a stimulating, thought
provoking style, this is an unfair burden to place on the rest of us. IMHO,
the most effective method to reduce idle chat, jokes, and beginners
education is to contribute something better.   Hope to hear from you more
often, Ernie!

Dennis Johnson
johnsond@stolaf.edu
St. Olaf College