Help me please!

Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com Jim_Harvey@yca.ccmail.compuserve.com
Fri, 20 Oct 1995 23:32:57 -0400 (EDT)

     Greg,

     Without taking anything away from Paul Brown's comments, I want to
     rephrase them. I would suggest making drawing(s) REGARDLESS of your
     verbal request/descriptions, since any word-based requests (or even
     part numbers, if they were available) will probably be a waste of
     time. I would also recommend that you keep any drawings on file, for
     resubmitting at a later date.

     In the meantime, I would also look into options, such as mentioned by
     Don Mannino. It is true that _complete_ damper assemblies are not
     normally a parts item, so regardless of your choice, you'll be
     spinning your wheels for quite a while. You might even want to check
     on costs from another company for the equivalent parts, to prepare
     yourself and your dealer for sticker shock. Then factor in your time
     for repinning all the centers on the _new_ parts, although this may
     not be necessary... <ahem>. In other words, consider this a time for
     rethinking the entire project.

     Finally, I can't help but reflect on your statement about the dealer
     having his profit tied up in the trade-in. Something tells me that
     your existing problems are the tip of the iceberg. I'm wondering when
     the complaints will start showing up on the NEW piano!

     Jim Harvey
Greg: Here is the fax number of Daewoo in Korea: 011-822-772-5597. Your
contact person is Mr. Y.H. Lee. Please be VERY exact in your discription of
parts. It may be an idea to draw them if your now sure of the exact name.
(I'm quite serious about this point - having been over there).

If you don't get a response fairly soon, fax them again until you do. I
wish you luck.

Paul Brown