stuck nose bolts on a Chickering

Don Mannino 74473.624@compuserve.com
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 10:49:49 -0400 (EDT)

Gordon Large wrote:

>... There are disks, about the size of a nickel with small holes on either side
of
where the threaded portion of the bolt protrudes. ...<

I believe the name for the proper tool for this is a "Pin Spanner."  These are
available from automotive tool sources.  They look something like pliers, but
with pins on the tips facing to the side of the tool. These are engaged in the
holes, and the threaded washer will spin right out - unless it is _really_
tight, in which case the pins will snap off!

Liquid wrench might help, but be sure you clean it off completely, or it will
discolor most plate finishes, or cause problems when the plate is refinished.

Don Mannino
74473.624@compuserve.com