key wood problems

ATodd@UH.EDU ATodd@UH.EDU
Wed, 25 Oct 1995 12:33:04 -0500 (CDT)

   I have a Yamaha vertical that, somehow, got several keys up above the
keypins. The tops of these pins come to a fairly sharp edge and when the keys
were pushed back down the pin got in between the bushing and the wood. This
has cause some wood damage in the bushing hole. I've steamed out the bushings
and cleaned out the pieces of wood fragments in the hole. Now, looking down
at the holes, I have a slight U-shape instead of a flat surface to which to
glue the busings on one side.
   Does anyone have an idea of how to repair the wood to make a flat glue
surface again. Somehow, the wood needs to be built up. I have several ideas
to try, but I thought I'd check first and see if anyone has already had and
solved this problem.
   Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks.

Avery Todd
University of Houston
atodd@uh.edu