Steinway appraisal

Mark Story mstory@ewu.edu
Fri, 27 Oct 1995 11:52:18 -0700

Hi Jeff,

----------
From:       Jeff Stickney[SMTP:jpage@selway.umt.edu]
Sent:       Thursday, October 26, 1995 12:23 AM
To:   Multiple recipients of list
Subject:    Steinway appraisal

        I've been asked to appraise a Steinway L, vintage 1973.  One of =
the
methods I'd like to apply is the idealized value minus costs to restore.

        Also, I don't see many Steinway model anythings pass through the
market here in Montana, so any perspectives on market value, especially
close by (Mark Story?), would be appreciated.  Thanks.

Jeff Stickney, RPT    (Replies specifically to me might be appropriate =
here
- thanks!)
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu
Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu

Used Steinway sales are pretty brisk around here.  When I'm in your =
situation, I call the local Steinway dealer for help on a probable =
resale range.  Depending on your relationship, this can be tricky.  I =
have a good relationship with our dealer, so have had good success.  =
FYI, our dealer over here is Mark Harrison of Squires Pianos =
(509)326-3355.  The approach I usually take is to get a figure from Mark =
on what he would price a piano at in good condition and go from there, =
adjusting for it's current condition, location and so-on.

Mark Story, RPT

mstory@ewu.edu
Eastern Washington University Music Department
Cheney, Washington, USA=09