Blocked action

Kam544@aol.com Kam544@aol.com
Tue, 31 Oct 1995 15:35:28 -0500

I have encountered this type of phenomina several times in my last eighteen
years.

Of one thing you can be certain, there is something (screws, bolts, or other
devices) somewhere that is holding the keyframe in place.  And in many cases,
put there by someone else for who knows why.

All you have to do is locate it/them.  From underneath...in the
keyframe...from the lyre mounts to the leg mounts...don't overlook warped
wood parts in the piano itself as the offending obstruction...sometimes
lifting the keyframe while pulling will do the trick...be inventive, Ralph.
 You will feel great when you discover the cause.

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University
Shawnee, Oklahoma