Proof "reading" Accu-tunings

FirTree@aol.com FirTree@aol.com
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 02:59:38 -0400

<< The machine does for the tuner what a power saw does for a carpenter.
 Sure you can build anything with a hand saw that you can with a power saw,
 but if you are a pro, why not use the best equipment to get a quality job
 done efficiently?

I believe the analogy is inaccurate. The SAT is not the saw. Our hands and
tuning hammers are the saw. The SAT is perhaps more like a digital ruler,
which can aim you at a better cut, but it does _not_ make the cut.

I tell many of my customers that the hardest part of tuning is not hearing
the notes, but sensing what the pin and wire are doing. The SAT may make you
aware of movement or possible stability, but it can't yet turn that pin.

Dave Stocker, RPT
firtree@aol.com
Tumwater, WA