Proof "reading" Accu-tunings

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT dean@reyburn.com
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 10:04:10 +0000

Dave Stocker writes:
>I believe the analogy is inaccurate. The SAT is not the saw. Our hands and
>tuning hammers are the saw. The SAT is perhaps more like a digital ruler,
>which can aim you at a better cut, but it does _not_ make the cut.
>
>I tell many of my customers that the hardest part of tuning is not hearing
>the notes, but sensing what the pin and wire are doing. The SAT may make you
>aware of movement or possible stability, but it can't yet turn that pin.

Good point David.  All analogies break down at some point as does mine.
Actually I was thinking of the saw I have which has some built in
measuring
abilityT.  Tuning pin technique is one of the most difficult to learn
well.

BTW, did I mention I was working on hooking up a robotic arm to Reyburn
CyberTuner? (just kidding ;-)

-Dean

 Dean L. Reyburn, RPT                       web page: www.reyburn.com
 Cedar Springs, MI, USA