Proof "reading" Accu-tunings

Dean L. Reyburn, RPT dean@reyburn.com
Thu, 01 Aug 1996 15:07:11 +0000

Dave Stocker writes:
>I believe the analogy is inaccurate. The SAT is not the saw. Our hands and
>tuning hammers are the saw. The SAT is perhaps more like a digital ruler,
>which can aim you at a better cut, but it does _not_ make the cut.

Good point David.  All analogies break down at some point as does mine.
Yours
may be better than mine.  Actually I was thinking of the table saw I have
which has some built in measuring ability.

>I tell many of my customers that the hardest part of tuning is not hearing
>the notes, but sensing what the pin and wire are doing. The SAT may make you
>aware of movement or possible stability, but it can't yet turn that pin.

Tuning pin technique is one of the most difficult to learn well, and ETD's
are helpful for that.

BTW, did I mention I was working on hooking up a robotic arm to Reyburn
CyberTuner? (just kidding ;-)

-Dean