SAT magnetic pick up

Barb Barasa bbarasa@tbcnet.com
Fri, 02 Aug 1996 10:35:23 -0500

>Dick,
>   I once heard of a someone who had to tune a piano on a "gymatorium"
>stage while a gym class was going on. He used a stethoscope! Of course,
>this was in the "good ol'days" prior to SAT's! <G>

Seems like in order to keep your hands free for tuning, you'd have to use
the ones the gynecologist uses ... the one where the "patient" end sticks
out of a rod which is attached to a thing that fits over your head.  You
could then press it against the plate or something with your head while you
were tuning!

So, let's see.  In a situation like you describe, we could take an SAT with
that magnetic pickup thingy,  and then for the "aural" check whip out the
fetoscope.  I bet the onlookers would be REALLY impressed!

Barb Barasa
Sycamore IL