Let off (fwd)

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 05 Aug 1996 13:42:37 -0400

Jim:

My first inlcination would be to compensate for the added size of the hammer,
and adjust let off just a hair below where you think it should go.

Although let off should be as close as possible, I ususally allow an extra
1/16" anyway, epsecially here in the midwest, because of the changes in
humidity. I found that if I adjusted let off correctly, when the weather
changes, let off changes also. Because the humidity is going to be 90% - 100%
during the summer, and below 25%(relative, inside), during the winter, and
anywhere in between during the rest of the year, I have to allow an little
extra space.

Try it, you might like it.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis