Getting Paid!

Wimblees@aol.com Wimblees@aol.com
Mon, 05 Aug 1996 13:43:14 -0400

Jeff:

If you offer 10% to the schools, etc, on a regular basis, then when you give
them a bill, and tell them they can get 10% off if they pay within 2 weeks,
then I can understand that. But if you give someone 10% off if they pay
within 2 weeks, but they have to pay full price if they gave you the money on
the spot, then you are rewarding a customer for giving you your money two
weeks late.

A long time ago I did the same thing, until I realized I was giving 10%
discounts to people who didn't deserve it. Not only that, but some of them
took the 10% discount, even if they paid 4 weeks late. On a $50  tuning, it
isn't worth trying to get the other $5. Therefore, I gave up giving any kind
of discount to any one who I had to bill.

I figured that even if a school took 2 months to send my money, if I took
that same money and put it in the bank, I would only be earning 3% or 4% per
year. ($50 in the bank for 2 months at 4% interest would earn me 17 cents).
Its not worth it to me to give them a discount.

Willem Blees  RPT
St. Louis