Disklavier talk

Keith A. McGavern kam544@ionet.net
Tue, 06 Aug 1996 00:55:11 -0500 (CDT)

>Part of Jeffrey T. Hickey's RPT post:
>ps-  Just went to a marvelous seminar @ Larry's Music in Grant's Pass; Was =
>two-part Disklavier Class with Laroy Edwards.
>
>1.- First was a Sales demo for folks selling the Yamaha line & Disklavier i=
>particular.
>This was open to techs... but I was only one there, among the 6 or 7
>salesmen. I found it extremely interesting to see how Yamaha promoted it's
>products & how they place an enormous effort on maintaining their pianos (T=
he
>Servicebond is unique to Yamaha). The demo included an excellent explanatio=
>of Yamaha's conctruction techniques and the theory behind their
>"Tone_Collector" system... which routes vibrations throughout the instrumen=
t.

>    Great fun! (...and I snagged a Disklavier pen, too!) If this demo comes
>to your area... make an effort to go, it ain't just fer the sale-types.
>
>2.- Second was a "refresher" for servicing the Disklavier Player System. We
>ran through the basic DealerPreparation List (...how to handle a DKV fresh
>from the crate), as Yamaha has learned that 95% of "field-problems" can be
>solved by running the basic checklist. If you didn't catch my Letter to the
>Editor (Journal in December), take a gander at it for a pretty fair pocket
>description of how the system operates and is serviced. They are AMAZING!
>
>      Laroy is a marvelous instructor, and his commitment to Yamaha is base=
>on the simple fact that they are building a superbly engineered piano. Peop=
le
>may argue who has the best piano or best tone or whatever... but Yamaha has
>proved to be VERY dependable and it's pianos are always first-class. IMHO.
>(Sorry for the commercial plug... but Yamaha does good work!)
>
>     Anyhoo.... if you hear of Laroy heading to your neck of the woods....
>GO!!!

Hello List,

It is ironic that Jeff included this additional info on Disklavier as I
have just cemented a deal to bring a MX80 into my life.  Will be going to
pick it up Tuesday, the 6th.  Looking forward to technical learning more
about this product.

Thank you, Jeff, for this PS especially!

Keith A. McGavern, RPT
kam544@ionet.net
Oklahoma Chapter 731
Oklahoma Baptist University