Malitia Man Dan

DAN G. LITWIN 71213.1421@CompuServe.COM
Wed, 07 Aug 1996 23:41:55 -0400 (EDT)

Hello everyone - especially Barrie H.

On 8/4/96 Barrie Heaton said:

> the PTG insists
>on a minimum standard a control to ensure that every tuner in the US.
>meets that minimum requirement...

Y'know, Barrie.  I was thinkin'.  If I were to leave this list (cheers from the
peanut gallery), how many days do ya suppose would pass before someone would
tell you that the PTG is a *voluntary* organization?  PTG does nothing via
government - and therefore doesn't control "every tuner in the US".  In fact, it
doesn't control ANY tuner in the US.

*Technicians* join the PTG and can pass tests to become RPT's.

*Tuners* join the PTG, but might remain Associate forever.  No tests required
for membership.

*tooners* never even join.

It's a free country, man.

signed