Papps mute for a grand

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Wed, 07 Aug 1996 11:54:27 -0700 (mst)

Dear Ted:

Bob Hofstetter gave me a system which is composed of 2 wide rubber wedges
that were spaced together in such a way as to straddle a unison.  It would
work a bit similar to the papps mute and does not fall over.  At the
present time I use 2 wide wedges on a Grand.  I play leap frog with them
which makes only one move per note if I'm tuning unisons by ear.  I took
the wires out of some wire handled mutes, cut them to about 1" short. Only
the wire loop sticks out of the wedges and I turn them 90 degrees so that
they are easy to grab.

Jim Coleman, Sr.(AZ)