SATs

John Musselwhite musselj@cadvision.com
Wed, 07 Aug 1996 22:08:39 -0600

At 11:47 AM 05/08/96 -0400, Gina wrote:

>I would be interested to see how often and in what way your clients comment
>on electronic tuning aids (I assume that is what you mean by general public).

At first there was some opposition, especially from my father's older
customers who knew what his opinion of ETAs were. While he never used a SAT,
he did have the opportunity to see and hear me use it and was quite
impressed. A number of his old customers called to see how he felt about it
and the SAT got his OK, which was good enough for them. They mostly seem to
love it now.

Only one customer lately questioned it, and didn't like the tuning at all
when I was finished. I checked it, then re-tuned it aurally and it was
basically the same, but she preferred the aural tuning. It might just have
been psychological though.

> My experience has been that of curiosity rather then opposition. Once I give

I've found a lot of curiosity has been raised by it as well. I keep some
literature on it in my catalogue case (along with books, pamphlets,
bulletins and CD-ROMs) just in case people are really interested in how it
works.

>Like others have noted here on the list, the most opposition I've seen has
>been from those who haven't learned how to utilize the SAT and now the
>Reyburn CyberTuner to their advantage. One of the most amusing examples of

That used to be me... I didn't like them at all at first because I didn't
really trust them. Once I got my own, that opinion changed within days. Now,
I'd hate to be without it.

			John

John Musselwhite, RPT
Calgary, Alberta Canada