6 old upright pianos

Vanderhoofven dkvander@clandjop.com
Wed, 07 Aug 1996 23:24:41 -0500

Dear Friends on the Pianotech mailing list,

     I currently have 6 old upright pianos collecting dust in a storage
facility.  Some were given to me, some I traded for, and some I purchased.
I acquired these fine specimens over the last several years, thinking that I
could fix them up and sell them at a profit.  (All right, everybody stop
snickering!)
I believe that it is costing too much to store them, and I am trying to cut
my expenses.  Does anyone have advice as how to go about selling them?  (I
may sell them one at a time in the classified ads of our local paper).

Specific Questions...
1. Most if not all of these pianos have soundboard problems and bridge
problems as well as everything else that could be wrong with them.  I only
want to do the best possible work and guarantee everything I do.  And, I do
not want people to think that I sell junky pianos... yet I do not have the
time or parts available to repair or restore these pianos.  Should I sell
them through a second party?

2.  Are there any wholesalers that might be interested in purchasing these
pianos for cash?  Does anyone have names and phone numbers of such a
wholesaler or dealer?

More questions from an Associate who wants to do the right thing, yet at
least get some money back out of these pianos.

Sincerely,

David A. Vanderhoofven
dkvander@clandjop.com
Joplin, Missouri, USA
Associate Member, Piano Technicians Guild
web page:  http://www.clandjop.com/~dkvander/
*****P.S.*****  The web page is finally up again!