6 old upright pianos

Barbara E. Richmond brichmon@e-tex.com
Thu, 08 Aug 1996 10:09 -0500 (CDT)

At 11:24 PM 8/7/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Dear Friends on the Pianotech mailing list,
>
>     I currently have 6 old upright pianos collecting dust in a storage
>facility.  Some were given to me, some I traded for, and some I purchased.
>I acquired these fine specimens over the last several years, thinking that I
>could fix them up and sell them at a profit.  (All right, everybody stop
>snickering!)
>I believe that it is costing too much to store them, and I am trying to cut
>my expenses.  Does anyone have advice as how to go about selling them?  (I
>may sell them one at a time in the classified ads of our local paper).

No money making suggestions here, but a fun, somewhat dangerous and
satisfying one instead.  Find a really big machine shed with a concrete
floor.  Have a bunch of friends come over and divide them into two teams.
Each team, located at opposite ends of the machine shed, runs with/rolls a
piano towards the middle of the building, aiming at the other piano.  When
collision is imminent, team members jump away and run like hell.  Pianos
collide and make a big sound.  Continue activity until all pianos are
destroyed.  Pile remains of pianos outside and light with match.  Roast
marshmallows on 10 foot long sticks.  Tell piano ghost stories and sing Kum
Ba Yah.

Standard disclaimers apply. ;-)

Barbara Richmond, RPT
Palestine, Texas