PAPPS MUTE FOR A GRAND

Tunrboy@aol.com Tunrboy@aol.com
Fri, 09 Aug 1996 00:22:36 -0400

   You might try a split rubber mute. It has a flat spring steel handle that
    is great for all kinds of jobs like ironing damper and other felts,
clear-
    ing bird seed from between keys and applying V.J. lube to leaf spring
    contacts. Catalog # 15069 in the APSCO catalog.

I like to use the aforementioned mute on uprights and after it has served its
purpose (300 or so tunings), I pull the rubber from the brass fitting and
stick a regular mute stick in it and use it for grands.  Helps the
environment, keeps the landfills clean.

Eric Leatha, RPT
tunrboy@aol.com