6 old upright pianos

Tom Rush tarush@mindspring.com
Fri, 09 Aug 1996 08:06:01 -0400

Barbara Richmond wrote:
> No money making suggestions here, but a fun, somewhat dangerous and
> satisfying one instead.  Find a really big machine shed with a concrete
> floor.  Have a bunch of friends come over and divide them into two teams.
> Each team, located at opposite ends of the machine shed, runs with/rolls a
> piano towards the middle of the building, aiming at the other piano.  When
> collision is imminent, team members jump away and run like hell.  Pianos
> collide and make a big sound.  Continue activity until all pianos are
> destroyed.  Pile remains of pianos outside and light with match.  Roast
> marshmallows on 10 foot long sticks.  Tell piano ghost stories and sing Kum
> Ba Yah.

This is a great idea.  I especially like the "Kum Ba Yah" around the
bonfire....  :-)

Only problem I can see is that the doggone things almost *never* roll!
Most I've seen are propped up with chunks of 2x4 at one corner or
another.

If you have at least 2 moving dollies, I guess it could still work.

--
Tom Rush
tarush@mindspring.com