Thanks, etc.

DMCKECH DMCKECH@ithaca.edu
Fri, 09 Aug 1996 16:58:37 -0400 (EDT)

Sorry this post is not as timely as it should be. I was on a restful (lazy)
vacation.

This is a reply and thanks in regard to Scott Thile's review of the CAUT
Forum he posted last month. Many thanks to everyone who made this event
possible in Dearborn. I would like to remind everyone who has yet to
respond to my query (see below) at the PTG convention to please do so as
soon as possible. This will help the CAUT Committee and conference
organizers in planning future forums. The query was published in the recent
CAUT Newsletter for those who could not attend the event in Dearborn.
Please keep in mind that the query is for anyone doing any kind of
institutional work.

There was some interest in the file I created that uses the formula from
The Guidelines for Effective institutional Maintenance. This was created
using FileMaker Pro 3.0 for Mac. (I can make up a file using 2.1) I will
send a copy of the template to anyone interested. It is not very hard to
set up if you want to try it yourself. E-mail or phone me if you have any
questions. I can also send printed copies of the file to anyone interested
in setting up on another database program. Five dollars will cover my costs
for sending a disk or printed material.

Query:
I would like to have your help in compiling a reference sheet of suggested
CAUT forum subjects. This will be used to help conference organizers plan
an event we can all look forward to. Please answer the questions below and
return them to me as soon as possible.

What topics would you like to see addressed at regional/annual CAUT forums?

Would you like to conduct a forum and on what topic?

If convenient, what are your thoughts on visiting a college or university
near the conference site to hold a forum?

Don McKechnie
1660 Slaterville Rd.
Ithaca, NY 14850
607/277-7112
dmckech@ithaca.edu

P.S.
I have been trying to find information on the Web regarding lesser known
piano competitions. All the *biggies* are there but not many of the smaller
ones. Any information would be greatly appreciated. I am attempting to help
a friend walk into that wild world with small steps first. Please send the
information to my e-mail address.