Strip Mute It?

Jim pianotoo@IMAP2.ASU.EDU
Fri, 09 Aug 1996 19:42:23 -0700 (mst)

On Thu, 8 Aug 1996, James E DeRocher wrote:

> Jim,
>
> Do you suppose that the insertion of  (temperament)  strip displaces
> the wire(s) enough to change their pitch(es) slightly?
>
> tunerjim

I believe I heard Dr. Sanderson say that it does.  It may only be like
the classic physics question:  How much would a feather indent a
polished steel surface plate when dropped from 1 foot high?

I would be more concerned about how much the tuning of the mid section
changes due to the air conditioning coming on 5 min. later.  Now we're
talking cents, not fractions.

Jim Coleman, SR. (AZ)