Shoes off

MR RICHARD C BITTNER HXHP60A@prodigy.com
Thu, 15 Aug 1996 23:00:12, -0500

List,

The other day I was at a customer's home who happen to be oriental.
So I did the customary procedure and removed my shoes.  They had a
little white French poodle who was very curious.  He wanted to know
what I was doing and was determine to look me over.  First he was
between my legs sniffing my feet and leaving dog snot on my pants.
So I pushed him away, firmly at first and then a little harder the
second time.  By the way don't let the customer see you do this.
Then he felt it was his job to look inside my tool case.  Again a
firm push and he left  and I thought that was going to be the last I
see of him.  WRONG  I looked up from my tuning to see him running
with something black in his mouth.  You guessed it ---it was my shoe.
 Now the children are chasing him all over the living room.  He would
not listen to anyone and kept on running from them.  First behind the
couch and then around the piano, he just would not stop.  Then I saw
the inside of my shoe fly in one direction and the shoe in another.
The children put my shoes on a table next to the door and apologized
for their insensitive pet.

I finished tuning and received my check.  I put on my shoes and felt
dog saliva between my toes.

Just another day in the life of a Piano Tuner