Pinblock Glazing?

Clark A. Foerster cfoerster@thegrid.net
Tue, 20 Aug 1996 11:39:39 -0700 (PDT)

I recently pulled the plate on a 75 year old Knabe Model B (6'6") and was
curious about whether what looks like hyde glue was used as a gap filler,
particularly on the flange side of the pinblock. It appears to me that some
of the flange side perhaps rusted, kind of a grey metal hard goop that
sticks to both the side of the pinblock and the flange as well as crusty
hyde glue or perhaps lacquer.  In any case, I was wondering if I should
recoat the flange side of the pinblock when I put the plate back in with
what I think is hyde glue.  Any suggestions, clarifications?

Thanks,

Clark Foerster RPT