Pinblock Glazing?

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 02:33:54 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Clark. At the time that piano was built, Knabe had become part of
the American Piano Company and the simple fact is that the pianos were
no longer made with the same care and attention to detail that they had
been when the Knabe family had still owned the company. When the American
Piano Company was formed in 1908, Earnest, Jr and William Knabe were elect-
president and vice president, but they left in 1909 to form the ill-fated
Knabe Brothers Piano Company. Any lingering Knabe presence was long-gone
by 1920-1921. So, unlike the APC, if you take the time and care to properly
fit the pinblock to the flange, you shouldn't have to resort to any "gap
fillers", hide glue, or otherwise.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net