triming dampers

Les Smith lessmith@buffnet.net
Wed, 21 Aug 1996 02:58:06 -0400 (EDT)

Hi, Don. I must admit that I don't remember Brian's post, but I agree with
Avery that you're probably going to have to pull the dampers in order to
trim them. You can probably use a really sharp, high-quality pair of
scissors or shears, or a sharp felt-cutting knife to do the actual trim-
ming. Having to trim ALL of them, this isn't going to be a fun job, es-
pecially since you have to contend with the extra depth of the case as
this was originally a Duo-Art reproducing player. For that reason, if you
resort to some "colorful" language while doing this job, we'll all under-
stand. Forgive ne for stating the obvious, but assuming that the dampers
are lifting at the right time, you might also want to check the key dip--
something I assume you've probably already done.

Les Smith
lessmith@buffnet.net