Stringing Scales/least of problems

William C Sadler sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 07:36:03 -0500

At 8/22/96 2:38 AM, A440A@aol.com wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> William C. Sadler asks;
>
> >Don't you just hate it when someone goes through the trouble of putting in a
> >new pinblock and then drives the pins in so deep that the strings hit the
> >plate. I recently took over management of a local piano shop and walked into
> >this one.  Nice set-up for someone else.
>
> >What is the vote guys...do we redo or cut our losses and let it go?
>
>     It seems it is more a question of what quality of work is it that you
> want the shop to be associated with.
>
>  I would encourage you to redo it and send it out right.

That is what I was thinking.  It's too bad.

That is why I connected this subject to string scale.   Deciding on a
string scale is easy, stringing is a real skill that takes practice.

Go crazy on an old junker  rather than someone elses Steinway .... is my
jaded old man thinking so flawed here?

> regards,
> Ed Foote

"...knowlege and understanding are great tools when combined with skill
which comes only through experience."

William Sadler
Shop Manager - Haugen's Pianos
Head Piano Technician - University of Minnesota
School of Music