Stringing Scales/least of problems

William C Sadler sadle001@maroon.tc.umn.edu
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 07:37:40 -0500

At 8/21/96 6:51 PM, James E DeRocher wrote:

> try this .. .. ..
>
> get a bolt of proper diameter, length about 2 ", pull out the action,
> stick the bolt up into the pin block, tap with metal end of 5 lb sledge,
> until you have raised the pin the requisite 3/32 or so.
>
> OK, now:  all you armchair guys, theoreticians, etc. who HAVEN'T tried
> this, write in and tell us (who have) why it can't be done.

Cool......I mean I thought about this but to have you put it in writing
(and actually done it) is well...........cool.  I will try this one.
Thanks

"...knowlege and understanding are great tools when combined with skill
which comes only through experience."

William Sadler
Shop Manager - Haugen's Pianos
Head Piano Technician - University of Minnesota
School of Music