Wire Cutters-

TunerJeff@aol.com TunerJeff@aol.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 10:56:24 -0400

Dear Folks,

     Yup, I use a pair of diagonal cutters, too.

     I used the fancy side-cutters from the supply houses (...'til they
broke), but have found that a good set of "plain vanilla" diagonal cutters
are lighter, way cheaper, and just as efficient. My set are about 7"-long and
been in service for at least 12 years. They are dedicated to cutting
piano-wire only... and sit in the wire-box waiting each time I need 'em.
    I certainly will buy a set by Craftsman or other "Lifetime Guarantee!"
supplier next time they need  replacement ...at current rate of
deterioration, mebbe 2010 or so.

Question;
     When re-stringing do you wear gloves? Or do you use talc on your hands
to eliminate perspiration/finger oils? Or did you never think of it? I'm
curious about you re-building-shop-types out there... what DO you do???

Truly,
Jeffrey T. Hickey, RPT
Oregon Coast Piano Services
TunerJeff @ aol.com

ps- I use buckskin (deerskin) gloves. Good control & comfy.