Uprt Backcheck Felt

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 12:21:35 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 21 Aug 1996, John Peters wrote:

>I'd be interested in hearing about favorite, innovative methods for removing
>(& replacing) upright backcheck felt (e.g., soak and ignite, etc..:) Thanks
>in advance.
>John Peters, RPT

I don't consider this innovative, but it is the only practical method
that I know:  using a large hypodermic syringe loaded with water, inject
each one with water, so that it is quite loaded.  Wait until the glue is
completely softened (like an hour), then press in the lower part of the
felt and SLIDE it upward, completely off.  Wipe edges with damp rag or
damp paper towel (Bounty is best).  Same for dampers, and most other
felt.

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer ("Bill")
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA;  Phone (voice): 716-473-9556
\\\  wbailer@concentric.net (same mailbox as wbailer@cris.com)
\\\  Some interests: acoustics, JS Bach, anthropology, & education.