stringing gloves (was Re: Wire Cutters-)

JIMRPT@aol.com JIMRPT@aol.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 15:21:26 -0400

Avery;

"Jeff,
   I vote for the gloves. It sure saves wear & tear on the fingers when
making those coils and since I'm also a pianist.........
   One question. Can gloves be washed and still not cause any tuning pin
problems?"

Avery I agree with you about the wear and tear on the fingers. They also keep
down rusty spots on treble strings and discoloration of the bass windings.  I
use a new set about every three string jobs because they wear out or the
seams split. However because they only cost about $1 a pair I don't worry
about it. I do have several sets that I use when I have to twist strings,
repair bridges, etc. and those have been washed numerous times.
Jim Bryant (FL)