Flange Bushings

Jeff Stickney jpage@selway.umt.edu
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 17:58:51 -0600 (MDT)

>    Does anyone know where I can get a syringe with a 5" hypodermic needle?
>    I've been looking for quite some time now without success.  I've tried
>    pharmaceutical stores, animal/feed supply stores, my dentist, etc.  I'd
>    like to fill it with CLP and use it in treating tight flange bushings.
>    The 5" length of needle is the critical dimension.  Thanks for any
>    suggestions!
>
>    John Piesik
>    San Diego Chapter PTG
>    JPIESIK@ARINC.COM

John,
        I don't know where you can get such a thing, but I made something
that might work for you.  I use a syringe to which I attach the proper
diamter of clear plastic tubing for a tight fit.  On the other end is
aluminum tubing, starting with a diameter wich fits in the plastic tubing,
and with smaller sizes super-glued to step down to a small size which will
fit easily between action parts.  I hope this description makes sense - if
not, let me know and I'll try again.  I've been using it for CLP for a long
time with great success.
Jeff Stickney, RPT
University of Montana
jpage@selway.umt.edu