Wire cutters

William Bailer Wbailer@cris.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:35:17 -0400 (EDT)

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996, John von Rohr wrote:

>> ... Does anyone have a pair of wire cutters that they like? ...
>
>I use cutters made for cutting aircraft cable. I believe mine are made by
>Starrett but I am not sure. You can cut all 3 strings of a trichord at one
>time easily. They have had a lot of use and seem to be fine. They were about
>$30.00 8 or 9 years ago. I highly recommend them. JvR

John!  Is there any name of any sort on them?  Country of origin?  What
size/model?  Where did you get them?  How much have they been used, and
are the cutting edges at all dented or chipped?  Do they "shear" or
"squeeze-through"?  Please tell us more!

Bill Bailer

\\\  William Bailer ("Bill")
\\\  Rochester, NY, USA;  Phone (voice): 716-473-9556
\\\  wbailer@concentric.net (same mailbox as wbailer@cris.com)
\\\  Some interests: acoustics, JS Bach, anthropology, & education.