Restringing

Eric Leatha tunrboy@teleport.com
Thu, 22 Aug 1996 22:41:35 -0700 (PDT)

Ron,

I absolutely LOVE restringing.  However, last week I restrung a grand in
9 hours and when I was finished, I WAS FINISHED.  My hands ached, my
feet ached, my back ached and I yearned to return to the tuning fields.
I think we get so used to tuning that it becomes monotonous.  Anything
to break that tedium is welcome (until it becomes tedium, of course).
In the words of a former tech, "Beats tunin'!"
But seriously, I find stringing meditative and once you find your stride,
it falls quite naturally from your hands.  To also have a finished
instrument, greatly improved by your efforts, is an added bonus.  However,
the journey is its own reward...

Eric Leatha, RPT
Portland
tunrboy@teleport.com
 On Thu, 22 Aug 1996, Ronald R Shiflet
wrote:

> List,
> 	Does anyone else enjoy restringing to the point that you just
> love it?  I really get into it and find it relaxing.  I was wondering
> why.
>
> Ron

tunrboy@teleport.COM  Public Access User -- Not affiliated with Teleport
Public Access UNIX and Internet at (503) 220-1016 (2400-28800, N81)